You’ve heard a lot of talk from us about the new Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center, but you may be wondering, “What are people who don’t have the word ‘Shavlik’ on their business cards saying about this new product?”
Windows IT Pro Community Manager Rod Trent answered just that in his article Shavlik Patch for System Center Simplifies Securing the Other 86 Percent of Windows Vulnerabilities. Trent is a leading expert on Microsoft System Center technologies and has more than 25 years of IT experience.
Here are some of his insights.
- “…86% of reported vulnerabilities come from third-party applications, 10% comes from the operating system itself, and 4% is attributed to the hardware.”
- “Shavlik Patch for System Center takes a normally manual process for third party application patches and automates it such that administrators can have the confidence that the ‘other 86%’ of known vulnerabilities are covered.”
- “Shavlik was one of the first vendors to understand the need to patch products other than those provided by Microsoft. …the company knows patching.”
- “Configuration is easy and scheduling is provided to automate the download of deployable .cab files and publishing of updates.”
- “In addition to the console integration, the product also takes full advantage of the capabilities built into ConfigMgr for targeted deployments of software patches.”
Learn more about Shavlik Patch for Microsoft System Center or download a free trial here.