Hi everyone, and welcome to my corner of the world at Shavlik. For those who don’t know me, I am a technical communicator at Shavlik and I’ve been providing documentation for Shavlik products for more years than I care to admit. I’ve been with the company for all these years because the people and the products are simply the best!
When I was offered the opportunity to write a series of blog articles, I jumped at the chance. I am not in marketing so I won’t be writing flowery prose about our products. Rather, I would like to use this forum to provide some real meat and potatoes material, information you can use right now to improve the way you use our wonderful products. Sort of like those “The More You Know” public service announcements you see on TV.
We recently caught up with the Shavlik technical support team to learn more about its role in solving customer issues with Shavlik products and services. The Backline Support team, which includes Chase Norton, Adam Gindt, and Charles Winning, has built a strong support staff as well as a lively online community of Shavlik users, who help each other through peer-to-peer questions and use cases.
Q: Can you tell us more about how you help customers find the support they need?
This hotfix is available for download through the forum currently. See the list of resolved issues below and go to the Shavlik Forum and login to download the hotfix.
This hotfix will release as a deployable patch in NetChk Protect 7.6 in an upcoming XML release. It was not included in the November Patch Tuesday release.
• Resolved an issue where the ‘Item History’ report and the ‘Seat License Status’ report were not available in the report gallery.
• Scan fails to import properly due to file locking issue on the scan information importer.
• Resolved an issue where deployments would fail when deploying patches that could not be downloaded.
• Resolved an issue where scans would hang on importing new definitions: Error – ‘Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.’
• Resolved an issue where deployments fail when installing or upgrading to 7.6 on a disconnected network.
Agile Product Owner